|Bharadvaja’s Twist Yoga Pose Steps and Benefits|
Steps for doing Bharadvajasana
- Sit on the mat and straight your legs. Shift over onto your right buttock, bend your knees, and swing your both legs to your left. Lay your feet on the floor outside left hip, with the left ankle placing in the right arch.
- Inhale slowly and lift through the top of the sternum to lengthen the front torso. Then exhale and twist your torso to your right, placing your left buttock very close to the floor. Lengthen your tail-bone toward the floor by keeping the lower back long. Soften your belly.
- Now Tuck left hand under your right knee and bring your right hand on the floor just beside right buttock. Now pull left shoulder back slightly, pressing your shoulder blades firmly against your back even as by continuing to twist the chest to the right.
- You can turn your head in either your left or right. Now continue the twist of the torso by turning it to your right; or counter the twist of the torso by turning it left by looking over the left shoulder at your feet.
- When doing every inhalation lift a little more through the sternum, using the push of the fingers on the mat to help with every exhalation twist a little more. Stay for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then release with an exhalation, return to the starting position, and repeat to the left for the same length of time.
Benefits of Bharadvaja’s Twist
Bharadvajasana has many benefits for health. Some of common benefits are given below:
- Help to relieve stress
- It is best yoga pose for pregnant women
- Improve digestion System
- It is an amazing yoga pose for relieving in neck pain, backache and sciatica
- Bharadvaja's Twist soothes the mind and restores a sense of balance and calm to the person performing the asana.
- Better stretches the hips, spine and shoulders