|Boat Yoga Pose Steps and Benefits|
Boat Pose (Paripurna Navasana) Yoga Steps
- Sit with your knees bent, feet on floor, hands behind you, fingers pointing towards the feet.
- Lengthen the spine, draw the belly in and widen the collar bones to open the chest.
- Lean back on the tripod between sit bones and sacrum and lift your feet off the floor, bringing the shins level with the floor.
- Maintaining the lift through the spine and keep the chest open, arms extend to the front parallel to the floor.
- When possible straighten the legs out, still keeping the lift through the spine.
- Stay for 2-5 breaths, work up to 10 breaths.
Precautions and ConsiderationsThere are many number of precautions you have to take before doing this yoga. If you are suffering from one of them, than don’t try this pose:
- Heart Problems
- Neck pain or Injury
- Low blood pressure
Boat Pose (Paripurna Navasana) Yoga Benefits
- Improve digestion system
- Helps in reducing stress
- Strengthens the hip, spine and abdomen
- Improve core strength
- Stimulates the kidneys, thyroid and intestines, and prostate glands