|Bow Pose or DhanurasanaYoga Pose Steps and Benefits|
The name of this yoga posture is named because it takes the shape of bow. In the language of Hindu’s Bow is called “Dhanush”. This yoga pose is good for stress relief.
Steps to do Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) Yoga
- Lie on your stomach facing downwards and your arms by the side of your body.
- Now fold your knees slowly and hold your both ankles with your hands.
- Now take 2-3 breaths slowly and lift your chest off the floor and pull your legs up and back.
- Now you are in the shape of Bow, look straight with a smile on your face.
- Hold this position of your body for 15-20 seconds. Then release your ankles, take a long breath than continue this again. You can increase time of holding position after practising.
- Repeat this whole cycle 4-5 times.
Benefits of Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) Yoga
- It is a good pose for stress and fatigue buster
- Helpful for people kidney disorders
- Opens up the shoulders, chest and neck
- Tones arm and leg muscles
- Strengthens the back and abdominal muscles
- Improves the circulation of blood.
- It gives flexibility to the back.