|Mayurasana or Peacock Yoga Pose Steps and Benefits|
Mayurasana or Peacock Yoga Pose Steps and Benefits
- Sit on your heels by doing knees wide and kneel on the floor.
- Lean forward and press your palms on the floor with your fingers turned backwards. Remember your palms should be placed between your two thighs. The elbows should rest on the abdomen.
- Slowly move your legs back, one after the other so that they are straight and the toes touch the floor.
- Raise the whole body by tensing your abdominal muscles and resting the weight entirely on the palms. Try to make the body horizontal and parallel to the ground. The body is balanced by the elbows on the abdominal muscles. The weight is entirely borne by the palms and forearm.
- Now try to maintain Mayurasana pose for five seconds in the beginning. After few weeks of practice, it can be increased to 1 minute or more.
Get Muscularity Tip for BeginnersTo make good balance in this pose, you can take support your forehead and ankles on a block.
Benefits of Mayurasana or Peacock Yoga Pose
- Strengthens the forearms and wrist.
- Mayurasana increases energy and sexual vitality.
- Help to improve functionality of metabolism.