|Tadasana (Mountain Pose) Yoga Steps and Benefits|
This asana is call Tadasana beecause in Sanskrit tada means Mountain so this is also called mountain yoga pose. Mountain pose is basics for all sanding poses. Tadasana works on muscles so it makes your posture better and pain free. It is best asana for increasing height.
Tadasana Yoga Steps
- Stand straight on floor, with your both legs and feet joined together.
- Keep your both hands at your sides and look at your front.
- Now maintain your balance on your heels, raise your toes and hold it for 5-10 seconds.
- Now Bring the toes back on the floor and move forward your pubic bone for a bit.
- Lift your chest up and out, in moderation.
- Now raise up your head.
- Lift slightly base of your skull, towards the ceiling, lengthening your neck in the process.
- Now Put pressure on your toes, lift your both legs up, first the calves and then your thighs.
- Keep your breath steady and remain in this position for 1-2 minutes.
- As you inhale, feel the breath is coming up through the floor and going into both legs, followed by your stomach and up to the head.
- While exhaling, feel your breath going down, right from the head to the stomach and into feet.
- Come back to the original position slowly and repeat this process again.
- Now in next repetition, along with your both legs, raise up your arms as well, stretching them and taking them over your head.
- Repeat again the inhaling and exhaling exercise and in the latter one, put down your arms as well.
Consideration and Precautions
Don't do this yoga pose if you have following problems:
- Low blood pressure
Benefits of Mountain Pose
- This yoga pose is good for improving body postures.
- This yoga pose reduces flat feet.
- This yoga pose is best for those who want to increase their height in their formative years.
- Strengthens knees, ankles, and thighs
- Helpful in relieving sciatica