|Camel Pose (Ustrasana) Yoga Steps and Benefits|
Ustrasana (Camel Pose) Steps
- Kneel on the yoga mat and place your hands on the hips.
- Your knees should be in line with the shoulders and the sole of your feet should be facing the ceiling.
- As you inhale, draw in your tail-bone towards the pubis as if being pulled from the navel.
- Simultaneously, arch your back and slide your palms over your feet till the arms are straight.
- Do not strain or flex your neck but keep it in a neutral position.
- Stay in this posture for a couple of breaths.
- Breathe out and slowly come back to the initial pose. Withdraw your hands and bring them back to your hips as you straighten up.
You May Also Like: Sarvangasana Yoga Pose Steps and Benefits
Ustrasana or Camel Pose Benefits
- Releases tension in the ovaries
- Stretches the ankles, thighs, groin, abdomen, chest, and throat
- Cures constipation
- Stimulates endocrine glands
- Tones organs of the abdomen, pelvis, and neck
- Complements overall health and well-being
- Helpful in improving digestion system
- Utrasana helps to heal and balance the Chakras