The name of Marjaryasana comes from Sanskrit Language. In Sanskrit marjari means cat and asana means posture. So in English language this pose is called cat pose. Cat pose provide gentle massage to spine and abdominal organs. Cat Pose Yoga steps are given below:
|Cat Pose Yoga Steps and Benefits|
Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) Yoga Steps
- Start on your hands and knees in a “tabletop” position. Make sure your knees are set directly below your hips and your wrists, elbows and shoulders are in line and perpendicular to the floor. Center your head in a neutral position, eyes looking at the floor.
- As you exhale, round your spine toward the ceiling, making sure to keep your shoulders and knees in position. Release your head toward the floor, but don’t force your chin to your chest.
- Inhale, coming back to neutral “tabletop” position on your hands and knees.
- Now you can move to cow yoga pose from here.
Consideration and Precautions
If you are suffering from neck injury then keep the head in line with the torso.
Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) Benefits
- It provides gentle massage to spine and abdominal organs.
- Stretches the neck and back torso.