Abs workouts are useful for building abdominal muscls. There are lots of lower abs workout exists but here in this post I will tell you some most effective lower abs workouts.
|Best Exercises for Lower Abs|
Best Exercises for Lower Abs
#1. Side Crunch on Ball
|Lower Abs Workout Side Crunch on Ball|
- Balance with your right hip on a Swiss ball, leaning into the ball so you do not fall and pressing your feet against a wall to prevent rolling.
- Now place your hands up near the ears and contract the oblique muscles on the left side so you can lift the torso up as high as possible.
- Hold this position for 3 seconds before releasing. Perform 10 reps of this exercise on each side.
How to do Side Crunch on Ball
#2. Hip Thrust
|Lower Abs Workout Hip Thrust|
- Lie on your back with the knees bent and the feet on the floor about shoulder width apart.
- Contract your abdominal to pull the torso forward, creating a diagonal line between your knees and shoulders.
- Hold the position for three seconds then return to your original position. Perform three sets of 10 repetitions each.
How to do Hip Thrust
#3. Leg Lift
|Lower Abs Workout Leg Lift|
- Lie on an exercise mat and raise the legs so they are straight up over the hips.
- Rest your hands palms down at your sides.
- Use your lower abs to lift your hips off of the floor, pulling them toward the rib-cage. While doing this, turn your hips to your right side, holding in this position for five seconds before returning your starting position.
- Repeat on the left side, performing three sets of 10 repetitions on each side.
How to do Leg Lift
#4. Reverse Crunch
|Lower Abs Workout Reverse Crunch|
- Lie on your mat and bring the legs up so they are straight above the hips.
- Bend the knees at a 90 degree angle, placing your hands beneath your lower back to add to the support.
- Contract the abs to bring your knees closer to your chest and hold in this position for around 3 seconds before returning to your starting position.
- Repeat 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
How to do Reverse Crunch
|Lower Abs Workout V-ups|
- Lay on the ground with the legs stretched out and the feet together and prop yourself up on the elbows, creating a 15-20 degree angle from the floor.
- Now brace the core and extend your legs toward your feet, lifting the feet up toward the ceiling, creating a V-shape.
- Hold this position for 1-3 seconds and then lower the torso back onto your elbow and the feet back down to the floor.
How to do V-ups
#6. Leg Circle
|Lower Abs Workout Leg Circle|
- Lie on your back with the arms out slightly away from your body with the palms down for balance. Now lift the legs above the hips, locking the knees and squeezing the hips together.
- Draw a circle with the feet as large as you can, aiming to get as high above your body and as low to the ground as possible.
- You can reverse directions periodically to increase the difficulty. Doing 1 circle is one repetition.