Common cold is a viral infectious disease that primarily affects the nose. It also may affect the voice box, throat and sinuses. Mostly people recover from cold in 7-10 days but some symptoms of cold may remain up to three weeks. Children younger than six are mostly affected by cold, but healthy adults also affected by common cold 2-3 times annually.
|Common Cold Causes, Symptoms, Home Remedies, Prevention|
Causes of Common Cold or Cold
- Weather: Cold Weather, Rain, Winters.
- Viruses: The Common Cold can be caused by any of around 200 different viruses. The most common implicated virus is rhinovirus.
- Transmission: The common cold can also be transmitted via airbone droplets, direct contect with infected nasal secretions.
Symptoms of Common Cold or Cold
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
Common Cold Home Remedies
There are so many home remedies are available for common cold. Here I will mention some of the best effective home remedies for common cold or cold.
1. Common Cold Home Remedies: Honey
|Common Cold Home Remedies Honey|
- Take one teaspoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of honey.
- Mix them properly.
- Take it every two hours to get immense relief from your cold and sore throat.
- If you prefer, you can simply swallow a spoonful of raw honey.
2. Common Cold Home Remedies: Garlic
|Common Cold Home Remedies Garlic|
- Take one crushed garlic clove, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp honey and 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper. Mix these things properly. Consume this mixture daily until the symptoms subside.
- Boil four to five chopped garlic cloves in a cup of water and add one teaspoon of honey. Drink it two to three times a day.
- You can also eat raw garlic or use a few drops of garlic oil in your food and drinks.
3. Common Cold Home Remedies: Milk and Black Pepper
|Common Cold Home Remedies: Milk and Black Pepper|
- Take 1 glass of hot milk and 8-10 black peppers. Take 2 black peppers and chew them now drink milk. Repeat this process for all peppers. Do this remedie at night before sleep. It will cure cold in 3-4 days. This is also good for sore throat.
- Boil 1/2 tbsp of balck pepper powder in one glass of milk. Now drink this milk before sleep in night.
4. Common Cold Home Remedies: Ginger
|Common Cold Home Remedies Ginger|
- Drink Ginger Tea 4-5 times a day. To enhance the effectiveness of ginger tea you can add some black pepper powder.
- If you are suffering from runny nose, take equal amounts of dry ginger powder, clarified butter, a natural sweetener and jaggery (gur). Consume this mixture daily in the morning on empty stomach.
- You can eat raw ginger pieces several times a day.
5. Common Cold Home Remedies: Milk
|Common Cold Home Remedies Milk|
- Boil 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder and 1/2 tbsp of ginger powder or fresh ginger in one glass of milk. Try to drink it two times a day to get effective results.