Dengue Fever Symptoms and Treatment: Dengue Fever is very painful fever caused by viruses that are transmitted to people by mosquitoes. Dengue fever causes high fever about 104, skin rash and pain (headaches, joint pain and muscle pain). According to a research approxiametly 390 million dengue infections occurs each year in worldwide, with about 96 million resulting in illness. Here is the list of some tropical areas of the world with the greatest risk of dengue fever:
- The Pacific Islands
- The Caribbean (except Cuba and the Cayman Islands)
- Central and South America (except Chile, Paraguay, and Argentina)
- The Indian subcontinent
- Southeast Asia
- Southern China
|Dengue Fever Symptoms and Treatment|
Symptoms of Dengue FeverSymptoms of Dengue Fever begin 5-6 days after infection and last for up to ten days, include following symptoms:
- High fever.
- Pain behind the eyes.
- Severe joint and muscle pain.
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever.
- Mild bleeding (such a nose bleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising.
How to be Safe from Dengue Virus
- Stay away from heavily populated residential areas, if possible.
- Use mosquito repellents, even indoors.
- When outdoors, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks.
- Wear protective clothing such as long pants, socks and shoes, long sleved shirt in mosquito infected areas.
- When indoors, use air conditioning if available.
- Make sure window and door screens are secure and free of holes. If sleeping areas are not screened or air conditioned, use mosquito nets.
- If you have symptoms of dengue, speak to your doctor.
Dengue Fever Treatment
There is no specific treatment exists for dengue. Doctors recommends that drink more fluids to avoid risk of dehydration from vomiting and high fever. Avoid pain killers because it can increase bleeding complications- such as ibuprofen, aspirin and naproxen sodium. If you are suffering from dengue fever than take proper treatment from a doctor.