Happy Baby Pose Yoga Steps and Benefits: Sanskrit name of happy baby yoga pose is "Ananda Balasana". In Sanskrit language ananda means happy, bal means baby and asana means posture. Happy Baby Pose is beneficial for calming the mind and relieving the stress.
|Happy Baby Pose Steps and Benefits|
Happy Baby Pose or Ananda Balasana Yoga Steps
- Lie on your back. With an exhale, bend your knees into your belly.
- Inhale, grip the outsides of your feet with your hands (if you have difficulty holding the feet directly with your hands, hold onto a belt looped over each sole.) Open your knees slightly wider than your torso, then bring them up toward your armpits.
- Position each ankle directly over the knee, so your shins are perpendicular to the floor. Flex through the heels. Gently push your feet up into your hands (or the belts) as you pull your hands down to create a resistance.
Happy Baby Pose or Ananda Balasana Yoga Benefits
- Lengthens and helps to realign the spine.
- Calms the mind and relieves stress.
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders.
- Opens and stretches the hips.
- Stretches the inner groins.
Happy Baby Pose Variations
- You can do practice of this pose against a wall or make use of a belt to hold onto the feet. The back of the thighs could also be held onto if there is difficulty in holding the feet with the hands.
- Another variation for the Happy Baby Pose is to let the hands be clasped under the knees.
Happy Baby Pose Pregnancy: Contraindications and Cautions
- Don't try this pose in case of pregnancy.
- Knee or ankle injuries.
- Extremely tight hips.