Constipation is one of the biggest problems. It refers to bowel movements that are hard to pass. Constipation also includes obstipation which means failure to pass gas or stools and fecal imp-action. So in this article, I will tell you some easy and effective home remedies for constipation for immediate relief.
|Home Remedies for Constipation Immediate Relief|
Causes of Constipation
- Weak bowel muscles
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Certain medications
- Excessive intake of calcium or iron
- Low fiber diet
- Low fluid intake
- Lack of exercise
Home Remedies for Constipation Immediate Relief
If you are suffering from the problem of constipation than follow any one of home remedies given below. All these are easy and best natural treatment for constipation at home.
#1. Drink More Water
Dry stools or gas is the common problem occurred in constipation, so if you drink more water, the easier it will be to pass the gas or stool. So drink more water.
- Men should drink at least 3 litres of water per day.
- Women should drink 2-2.5 litre water per day.
- You can drink other fluids such as juices, herbal teas and clear broths all these are good sources of fluids.
- If you are suffering from constipation than avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages. Caffeinated beverages like coffee and sodas, as well as alcohol, are diuretics. Diuretic dehydrate your body by causing fluid loss through increased urination. This may make constipation worse.
#2. Lubricant Laxatives
- Lubricant laxatives make bowel movements slippery and easy to pass. Castor oil, olive oil and mineral oil can all help to make bowel movements easier and less painful.
#3. Eat More Fiber
Eat foods that are rich in fiber. It will help to simulate your bowels. You should consume 25-40 gramme fiber a day. Here is the list of foods that you can include in your diet:
- Papaya and Peaches
- Berries: Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries and Raspberries
- Avocado, Kale, Lentils, Split Peas and Broccoli
- Bran cereal, oatmeal, brown rice, and flax seeds
- Soybeans, Navy Beans, Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Lima Beans, and Pinto Beans
#4. Lemon Water
Lemon Juice contains citric acid that acts as a stimulant to your digestive system and can help to flush toxins from your body.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice into a glass of water and drink it every morning.
- Or you can add lemon juice to your tea.
#5. Ginger or Mint Tea
- Ginger tea is a warming herb that causes the inside of the body to generate more heat; herbalists say this can help speed up sluggish digestion. In tea, the hot water will also stimulate digestion and help relieve constipation. Dandelion tea is also a gentle laxative and detoxifies.
- Peppermint contains menthol which has an antispasmodic effect that relaxes the muscles of the digestive tract.