Onychomycosis is a fungal infection occured in the nail. It is one of the most common disease of the nails and constitutes about half of all nail abnormalities. The cause of Nail Fungus can be by wearing synthetic socks, poor foot hygeine, sweat build-up in shoes or by weak circulation caused by diabetes.
|Nail Fungus Symptoms and Treatment|
Nail Fungus Symptoms
- Thickened nails
- Dull nails with no shine
- A dark color, caused by debris building up under your nail
- Brittle, crumbly or ragged
- Distorted in shape
Nail Fungus Treatments
There are so many remedies of nail fungus I will explain best and effective natural treatments for the nail fungus.
#1. White Vinegar
- Mix some white vinger in half glass of warm water.
- Now soak the affected fungal nail in this mixture for 8-10 minutes.
- Rinse it and dry affected area.
- Repeat this process two times in a day for better results.
#2. Baking Soda
- Add one-half cup of baking soda, one-fourth cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide and one-half cup of Epsom salt to four cups of hot water. Mix the ingredients thoroughly, and then add one-fourth cup of white vinegar to it.
- Soak the affected toenail in this solution for about 10 minutes.
- Wash with clean water and dry your foot thoroughly.
- Repeat the process twice daily for several weeks.
#3. Lemon Juice
- Take some fresh lemon juice and apply it directly to affected nails. Leave it for half an hour than rinse it with warm water.
- Another treatment for fungal nail is that, take equal amount of lemon juice and olive oil. Mix it properly. Now massage infected nails with this mixture. Leave it for 1-2 hours. Then wash it by warm water. Lemon juice is good for fungal nails and olive oil makes your skin softer.
#4. Lavender Oil
- Take 4-5 drops of lavender oil and tea tree oil.
- Mix them properly.
- Now take a cotton ball to apply this mixture to affected fungal nails and surrounding areas.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes, rinse t off and dry thoroughly.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day for more effective results.
- Take equal amount of garlic oil and white vinger. Mix them properly. Now apply this mixture on affected fungal nails and cover it by bandage. Leave it for few hours before removing bandage. Repeat this process daily until the infection clears.
- Or you can eat raw crushed garlic cloves daily.