Home Remedies for Acidity. Acidity is a very common problem caused by excess production of acids by gastric glands of the stomach. Acidity is a consequence of several external factors like stress, eating habits, smoking, lack of physical activities alcohol consumption etc. So in this article, I will tell you some simple and effective home treatment for acidity.
|Home Remedies for Acidity|
Basil LeavesBasil leaves have carminative and soothing properties that can give you instant relief from acidity, nausea and gas.
- Eat some basil leaves at the first sign of acid upset. Chew them properly.
- Alternatively, Boil 3-5 basil leaves in a cup of water and let it simmer for few minutes. Sip on it frequently.
You May Also Like: Effective Cure for Constipation
Cinnamon is effective in digestion. It acts as a natural antacid and helps to dispel stomach gas.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon powder. Boil it in a cup of water for few minutes. Drink this 2-3 times a day for effective results.
Buttermilk is also an effective home treatment for acidity. Lactic acid present in buttermilk normalises the acidity in the stomach.
- Drink plain buttermilk several times a day until you get relief from acidity.
- Alternatively, grind 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds with a little water to make a paste. Now mix it in a glass of plain buttermilk. Consume it to get instant relieve from acidity.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is naturally acidic in nature. It helps to treat stomach acidity. Mix 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (unfiltered) in a cup of water. Drink this mixture 1-2 times a day.
Ginger has digestive and anti-inflammatory properties. So you can eat ginger to prevent from acidity.
- Chew some slices of fresh ginger 3-4 times a day.
- You can also make ginger tea by boiling some fresh slices of ginger in one cup of water. Steep it for few minutes and drink it.