If you don't like dairy milk than one of the most common and nutritious alternatives to dairy milk is soy milk. Soy milk is made by soaking, grinding and boiling soy beans with water. Soy milk contains proteins, essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. Some most common health benefits of soy milk are given below.
|Benefits of Soy Milk|
Benefits of soy milk
- Soy milk helps to promote weight loss because soy milk is lower in sugar content than normal milk. One cup of soy milk has 7 grams of sugar but cow's milk has 12grams of sugar in one cup. One cup of soy milk has 80 calories. Soy milk is rich in fibre that keeps you feeling fuller for a long time.
- Soy milk is also a great source of protein. Soy milk contains nine type of essential acids- our body assembles these amino acids to form new proteins including structural proteins that are helpful to hold tissues together, antibodies that are essential for the immune system and some enzymes that are helpful for your cells to produce energy. One cup of plain unsweetened soy milk contained 7 grams of protein.
- Soy milk is also helpful in reducing cholesterol. According to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of US, soy protein decreases cholesterol levels. Cow's milk contains saturated fats that are unhealthy and can increase your cholesterol. So FDA recommends consuming 25 grams of soy protein in your daily diet.
- Soy milk does not contain lactose. Soy milk contains prebiotic sugars that help to boost immunity and decrease toxic substances in the body.
- Drinking soy milk helps you to boost your iron and calcium. Our body fulfil calcium needs from our diet to maintain dense and strong bone tissue. But if our diet doesn't contain calcium and iron than our body draws on our bones as a source of calcium- it reduces our bone density over time. So we have to include soy milk in our meal. One cup of plain unsweetened soy milk contains 299 milligrammes of calcium content and 1.1 milligrammes of iron. The iron in soy milk helps your blood vessels to function properly.