Cracked heels are the very common problem. From not getting to wear your favorite pair of flip-flops to not being able to walk without feeling pain, cracked heels can be quite difficult to deal with. In this article, I will tell you some effective home remedies that will help you get rid of them.
|Home Remedies to Treat Cracked Heels|
Home Remedies to Treat Cracked Heels
Here is the list of best home remedies to treat cracked heels.
1. Honey and Sugar Scrub
The exfoliating properties of sugar and antibacterial properties of honey make an excellent moisturizer to treat cracked and dry heels.
- Mix 4-5 tablespoons of sugar in 2-3 tablespoons of honey.
- Now gently massage this scrub over the heels and soles.
- You can also make a foot bath by adding one cup of honey to a tub filled with warm water
- Before going to bed, soak your feet in this bath for about 20 minutes and then scrub with a pumice stone.
You can follow either of these methods twice a week.
2. Vegetable Oil
You can use any vegetable oil to treat cracked heels. Coconut oil, olive oil, sesame oil or any other hydrogenated vegetable oil.
- Soak your feet in soapy water and scrub your feet with a pumice stone.
- Now wash your feet and then dry them thoroughly.
- Apply any vegetable oil liberally on your heels and soles.
- Put on a pair of clean socks and leave them on overnight while you sleep. In the morning, your heels will be noticeably softer.
- Repeat this for a few days until the cracks in your heels are gone completely.
For effective results use this home remedy daily before going to bed.
3. Petroleum jelly
Petroleum jelly is also a good treatment for dry and rough skin. It can also be used to prevent cracked heels.
- Soak your feet in a tub filled with water mixed with Epsom salt for 20 minutes.
- After scrubbing the dead skin around your feet with a pumice stone, let them dry naturally.
- Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with half-a-teaspoon of petroleum jelly and apply over your heels every night.
- Wear a pair of soft socks to lock in the moisture.