Oregano Benefits and Side Effects- Oregano is a herb of the mint family. It is used medicinal purposes for thousand of years. Oregano is also used for gastrointestinal disorders such as bloating and heartburn. In this article, I will tell you some benefits and side effects of oregano.
Sometimes eating oregano becomes the cause of stomach upsets in some people. In addition, the persons who are allergic to plants belonging to the Lamiaceae family (such as including basil, lavender, mint, and sage) should be cautious, as they may also develop an allergic reaction to oregano.
|Oregano Benefits and Side Effects|
- Oregano is a rich source of vitamin K. It promotes our cardiovascular health and effectively helps in the bone development.
- Oregano fresh leaves can boost the immune system when eating on regular basis.
- Oregano is a good source of manganese, iron and Vitamin A.
- Oregano has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Oregano is also the rich source of dietary fiber that helps to control the cholesterol level in blood.
- Oregano is the best source of minerals such as magnesium, manganese, calcium, iron, potassium and iron.
- Oregano is an effective aid for irregular menstruation and reduces the negative effect of menopause.
- Oregano oil helps to cure skin infections, itches, and irritated gums.
- Oregano is also an effective herb to treat cold, muscle pain, acne, and dandruff.