Dandruff is the main cause of hair fall in adults. Dandruff is a chronic skin condition which affects our scalp. Dandruff makes our hair dry, flaky and rough. There are lots of products available in the market to cure dandruff but all these contains chemical, which may damage the scalp if you use it for a long period of time. On the other side, there are thousands of home remedies to cure dandruff.
In this article, we will learn about all the uses of apple cider vinegar to cure dandruff. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties that help to cure dandruff.
|Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff|
Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff
There so many ways to use apple cider vinegar at home for dandruff. Here we will know some best and effective uses of apple cider vinegar.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar and Water for Dandruff
It is the one of the best and easy home remedy to get rid of dandruff.
- Mix ½ cup of apple cider vinegar in the ½ cup of warm water.
- Pour this mixture into a spray bottle.
- Now make the small portion of your hair and spray the mixture on the entire scalp of your hair.
- Now wrap your head with the shower cap and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Use this home remedy once in a week until your dandruff vanishes completely.
Don’t shampoo your hair after applying apple cider vinegar. If your skin is sensitive then apply it on a small area. It does not irritate your scalp, you can apply it on your whole scalp.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Yogurt for Dandruff
Yogurt is a good source of Vitamin B5 and proteins, both of these are good for our scalp health. Yogurt has antibacterial properties that can help to treat dandruff and at the same time reduce the irritation.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in the ½ cup of plain yogurt.
- Shampoo your hair.
- Now apply the mixture to your scalp and massage your scalp thoroughly.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse your scalp and hair with cool water.
- Try this remedy once in a week to get effective and best results against dandruff.
Always use the plain yogurt to prepare this remedy.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Tea Tree Oil Scalp Mask
Tree oil has anti-fungal properties which kill the fungus called Malassezia, it is the main cause of dandruff. So the combination of tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar is the best treatment for dandruff.
- Take ½ cup of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar, ½ cup of water, 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix all above ingredients together.
- Now soak a cotton ball in this mixture and apply it on your scalp.
- Cover all the area of scalp and gently massage it for few minutes.
- Leave it for 25-30 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Now shampoo your hair.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Tea tree Oil and Olive Oil
In above home remedy, we already read about the benefits of tea tree oil for dandruff. Now we added lemon juice and olive oil to make the more effective treatment to cure dandruff. Olive oil provides the moisturizing effect to the scalp and hair. Apart from that, olive oil also hydrates the scalp properly to fight dandruff.
- Mix ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar, ½ teaspoon of olive oil, 5 drops of tea tree oil and I tablespoon of lemon juice in 1 cup of distilled water.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture into a spray bottle.
- Now spray this mixture on your whole scalp.
- Wear a shower cap and leave it for 25-30 minutes.
- Now clean your hair using a mild shampoo.
- Use this home remedy two times a week to get effective results.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Fenugreek
Fenugreek is used in Indian kitchen as a spice but it has been used to treat various hair problems such as hair fall, dandruff, and dry hair etc. Fenugreek has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, which help to fight with dandruff. Fenugreek contains protein and nicotinic acid which promote hair growth. Fenugreek works as a natural conditioner for the hair.
- Soak 2-3 tablespoon fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- In next morning make a smooth paste of fenugreek seed.
- Now add the 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in fenugreek paste.
- Now apply this paste on your scalp and hair with the help of hair brush or by your hands.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse with normal water.
- You can use this remedy twice a week to get rid of dandruff quickly.
You can also store this mixture to use in the future.